Sprenkle Kin

Monday, September 10, 2007

Oliver's first Doctor Appointment

Oliver had his first doctor appointment today. He is back up to his birth weight of 7lbs and everything else checked out very well. His little wee-wee is healing nicely although Rachel reports that it still looks pretty sore to her. Guess maybe that is a little too much information? Rachel is also sounding much better today and actually managed to get some good sleep last night. In case anyone is wondering, hiring the Doula was a godsend to both Rachel and to those of us in the waiting room the night of Olivers birth. She was worth every penny and then some. She has visited Rachel at home and given her some tips on feeding and napping and answered a lot of questions. She is just a calm reassuring person with lots of experience with babies and new mothers and god knows it has been awhile since I was a new mother so any advice or tips I might have to offer are probably the wrong thing nowadays! Did you know that you really won't make your baby's bones sore by holding them all the time?? Hmmmm. Gotta run for now. You will get sick of baby news before all is said and done but for now - just call me Proud Granma

2 Comments:

  • Like the fact that you can not spoil a baby by holding him all the time- I will not get tired of hearing about baby! I told Mike that I had baby withdrawals because I did not hear anything all weekend. :) So keep the information coming! Info about Rachel too. :) Congrats Grandma!
    Love ya,
    ~~~Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 8:52 PM  

  • He is so beautiful! And those hands!!! Goalie hands for sure.....or basketball....or potter's hands????? Anyway...I love the pictures and the updates. I like feeling connected to you all. I miss you and am very envious of Lori and DAvid!! I am happy for all of us, especially Rachel, Gunar, the "girls" and Gramma. Love...cindy

    By Blogger Cindy, at 3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home