Sprenkle Kin

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Doug has been busy







Heidi and her sea doo riding....she loves it.
Thought I'd share our latest completed project. We bought this gazebo a few years ago and the canvas rotted out twice. The lucky woman that I am, having Doug, he made a new plastic roof. He designed the vent out the top so the wind wouldn't try to lift it off. Pretty cool, I think.

We also got the little hot tub going but it hasn't been cool enough to use it on a regular basis. Notice how I say we......Doug always tells me that we spelled backwards is eew (pronounced "you"). Funny how that works.





And this is a hummingbird I rescued. He tried to land on a flow of water from the hose as it was running into the creek/water feature. The force of the water slammed him into the water and pinned him down so I pulled him out and eventually he dried and flew away.
I need to learn how to do the slide thing! Hope all is well and I've enjoyed all the Oliver news!!! Congrats !!! He's beautiful.

3 Comments:

  • Wow! Your yard should be in a magazine! Looks great. I'm not just saying that because I don't have a yard either. ;)

    By Blogger Aimee, at 5:20 AM  

  • Doug!!!! Wow! EEw do such good work! It looks beautiful. Wish I were able to come out and see it first hand. I am still looking at cheap flights. I have a glaze firing coming up this weekend and probably another one mid week and then it is High Road to Taos time. I have a lot of pots even if I don't have all the different types I wanted. What is, is I guess. Must have been neat holding the humming bird. Lvoe you both...Cindy

    By Blogger Cindy, at 3:07 PM  

  • Kath, Your yard is a masterpiece. Your Doug (and you) is very talented--- I'm sure he get's to see some fabulous places. Thank you for sharing the photos. We haven't had any humming birds for years but we do put out nectar in this giant strawberry Ron bought so if we are lucky ---- We have Cardenals, Jenny Wrens, English Sparrows , Finches and discourage grackles and starlings. we feed the squirrls shelled sunflower seeds at our big Maple tree-- it is fun to watch them . It is in the low 60's here today Great!!! LOVE to all Ellen Jo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home