Sprenkle Kin

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Southern California Fun

We are having a great time. There iswas nothing to worry about. She had a great flight with some really nice stewardesses. They got her here safely. Today we went to JPL and Val learned about what NASA does or more specifically what JPL does for NASA; saw tons of deer on campus (That's what they call JPL's land); real size replica of Cassini (satilite to Saturn); an engineering model of the Mars rover(They use it to run simulations here before trying manuevers there) on Martian like fields; ate lunch at a really really nice cafeteria with a crepe bar; mission control; and saw where they put together satillites, rovers, etc-- a very clean facility everyone has to dress like a surgeon. After that we went and spent some time at a spa; had our feet and hands done. Val got flowers on her toes and mine needed a much needed rub down after Mike and I's backpacking trip last weekend (If you can find the smugmug link you can see pictures. I saw the most beautiful sunset EVER on Saturday and then got flurried on Sunday am.) and the high heels I crazily wore to work the other day--they killed me!!! I dont know why I do that to myself! They should be banished from the earth!! We came home and met up with Mike. He started an apple pie--using the apples we got several weekends ago up north where we also picked raspberries. Awesome fun! Anyway, Val helped him with the top crust. We are currecntly sitting here eating out pie and listening to good music. Val is as active as ever and appears to be enjoying herself. I hope so! Val and I are off to the beach in the morning. More later!
Love you all
Suz and Val -- Val wants to write some tomorrow. I will let her type about our beach trip tomorrow night.

2 Comments:

  • Hey my girls. Sounds like you are having a great time!! What an adventure for you both. Applepie!! She will want to come live with you all...I want to come live with you all. Well, gotta get back to work...love you both...look forward to hearing about the beach. Loveyou...mom/gwamma

    By Blogger Cindy, at 11:16 AM  

  • Wow-

    Sounds like a great time. Doug and I want to come visit JPL tooooo. Doug and I just got home from a week at the river....ow what great weather, smooth water and good friends and fun. Was great to see and spend some time with Darrell and he really needed the week to. Hey Suz.. I need to know ASAP on the Transyberian Orch. I'm going to order tickets today. Will call you later.
    Hope you continue to have FUN!
    Love Kath

    By Blogger kath, at 5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home