Sprenkle Kin

Monday, February 05, 2007

Canada, aye

Greetings from Canmore, AB
Hello family! I am in Canada on holiday for the week! :) I came up with 6 friends including Mike. It is so incredibly beautiful!!! I spent Sunday all by myself while the others went skiing! It was just what I needed. I started reading a book, watched a girly movie, drank a pot of tea, took a long walk along the frozen river and into town looking at the shops in the quaint town, and enjoyed a wonderful lunch looking out onto the mountains covered in snow!! It was so nice to spend the day alone exploring the town. I was a bit bummed when the group came back and it was loud. But this is a group trip not an individual one so solitude will not be found again. It is a good thing that for the most part everyone gets along!
Today was my first day downhill skiing since I was in 8th grade and I had a superduper wonderful day! I will not wait another 20ish years to get back up on a mountain! Mike bought me full day lessons for Valentine's day! Isnt he wonderful!!!! :) There was me and one man from Sydney, Aus. in the group lesson! It was very nice! very personal and we got more in the lesson than normal. The instructor was so sweet and had so much patience! She took us to the top on the mountain and went down some slightly more advanced runs. It was a much better and different experience than my last one! The goal now is to ski two more days if the weather and my legs allow!
I hope that everyone is well. I will write about my adventures as I have them as long as the internet connection behaves! Cheers!
~~~Suz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home