Sprenkle Kin

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Just a note about me...

WOW have I been busy! This summer has flown by its kind of crazy. I got a job as a paraprofessional/paraeducator (depending on where you work, para for those in the know) at Auburn Washburn school district. I have already had a few meetings and will have more Monday and Tuesday then Wednesday is the big day when the kids come back and I get to see what I am made of. The good news is I think I am really going to like the place and the people I am working with. My boss Mr. Austin is ex-military so he runs a tight ship but would rather learn and have fun with the kids than have to rule with an iron fist so I think it will be a good pace. My room is the resource room for kids with BD and LD so it will be a challenge. I am not positive what I will ACTUALLY be doing thus far because that will depend a little on one of the students who is Autistic and as I am told will pretty much pick his para and whomever clicks with him and vice versa will work with him, otherwise I will be there for general help with the other students in the room. I really was a little worried at first when I got the job not knowing how that age group would be, but I think it will be a good fit and a nice change.

Funnily after not really working all summer my photo business seems to be picking up just as I have a new job, I have four shoots on the books! The good news is one of the perks of working at a school is being done by 3:30 and no weekends so I can still do both with the added bonus as the photography still being a "hobby" and not a main source of income so it can still be fun without the pressure of having to make enough to survive. I am sure that sounds kind of odd, most people would kill to do what they love and get paid but because I love it so much it kind of takes the fun out of it for it to be my "job"...that still sounds strange but perhaps you know what I mean.

Other than that I am doing good, I've been well and enjoyed some regrouping time this summer. I am staying in my current apartment with my current roommate for another year, so that is nice I hate moving. I've been enjoying my summer, spending time with my friends, playing with their kids and taking time to not just get a job, but also something that I think I will really love as well as the added bonus of insurance and such.

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my nephew (any day now) and yes I said nephew, no I don't really know but that is my guess and I am sticking to it! I can't stop buying baby things they are just so cute and I couldn't be more excited!! I've been spending time hanging out with Rachel getting things ready and going to baby stores, its been a lot of fun!

So thats it for me, where are the rest of you, how about a start of the school year update??

Love you all!
XO
Monica

2 Comments:

  • Monica......I think you will be great! As the art teacher, I really appreciate all the help that an aide can provide at times. And they can be such an important part of the students day. HOpe you enjoy it!!

    I am with you ....meetings, meetings and more meetings. We have a teacher work day monday then kids on Tuesday. Good luck. Enjoy. Love you bunches...Aunt Cindy

    PS....you will make an awesome aunt!!

    By Blogger Cindy, at 8:46 AM  

  • Hey there Mon! Cool new job! let me know if I can help with information on LD, BD, autism or any other diagnosis you want to throw out there. Most of the kids I see have autism.
    Thanks for sharing what is new. When I have news I will share. For now all is the same. Take care all! Have a great start to the school year! Love you all!
    ~~~Suz

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home