Sprenkle Kin

Friday, May 12, 2006

Quick Peek..

Hi everyone-
I'm so glad this seems to be working for people. Things here are good, if hectic, but such is the life of a full time worker/full time student. The semester is wrapping up pretty well. I took 5 classes and worked full time for the first time ever, soon I'll see how my GPA shakes out and decide if I can keep that pace through next May-- graduation baby! Then gradschool. Ha! Before all is said and done you'll be able to call me Dr. Aimee and I'll be blogging from archaeological sites around the globe. I think I'm done being in a library for the rest of my life, and am really looking forward to getting the schooling/experience necessary to teach and "do" archaeology. I've already gotten some nibbles from different places that do cultural resource management, so I'll probably start with that while I work my way though grad school. (CRM is like... say you wanna build a mini-mall, in most states you have to do an archaeological survey to make sure you're not building over some big piece of history) and I'd be on that team.

Sarah's juuuust about finished w/ her nursing program. She's been interviewing for a really wide variety of positions, and is trying to decide what the best fit for her will be. We had a really amazing conversation recently in which she explained her hopes/fears about nursing. I think that people in her care will be really lucky because she understands the huge responsibility that caring for another human being is, and how precious life is. I'm lucky to be with someone so neat, that is for sure. She'll finish up her last few classes this summer, along with an internship program. She'll take her nursing boards in September and begin working in October.

What else... not a whole lot. School and work takes so much of my time that as it winds down I'm trying to reconnect with good friends, and make time for social stuff. I'd like to work out some kind of trip out to see you yahoos this summer-- maybe a California trip to see Uncle Larry too, I'll keep you posted.

Life rolls on, and I find myself contemplating things like moving to an area that I want to live in on a more permanent basis, raise kids, the whole kit n' caboodle. Lots to think about with that sort of responsibility, (not to mention my, er, unique circumstances) so I figure we should start the thinking now.

Love love love to you all, and please know that while I don't always take the time to comment, that I LOVE reading even the most silly posts from you guys. Makes me feel not so far away.

xoxoxo
~Aimee

4 Comments:

  • aimee
    you need to talk to my mom about your "unique circumstances"...lets just say she has some useful tips she has leaned from patients involving internet orders and a turkey baster....but resulst were successful. good to hear that things are good with you and school, Im almost done too and cant wait. I hate how much time it takes up, but I guess it will be worth it. hopefully we'll see you out here this summer!

    By Blogger Nicole, at 2:50 PM  

  • Dang....I lost what I was writing. Anyway...Aimee, let me know any dates you might line up coming out this way. Jason and kids are suppose to be in Ks. mid July. Deidre and I want to make atrip to California. As far as everything else. You all are amazing, the work/school/life thing. I am proud of all of you!1 Take care my girl. Love you lots...my love to SArah....Cindy

    By Blogger Cindy, at 12:33 PM  

  • Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:21 PM  

  • Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home