Sprenkle Kin

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Silence on the Blog

I find it funny that during the school year when everyone is very busy there is more going on on the blog and now that it is summer less and less ends up here. I have been sad each day that I log on and see nothing new. I too am to blame. Not much going on. I took a character building backpacking trip over Memorial day. It snowed on us and I have never been so cold in my life! Pictures will be up in the next week or so on http://airnewt.smugmug.com I am doing it that way instead of choosing a couple to put up on the blog. Go there and you can see other backpacking photos too. Work is going well. I am liking my work and southern California. We went to the San Diego Wild Animal Park Saturday and it was a ton of fun! Very cool animals. My only dissapointment was not being able to feed the giraffes as they are remodeling! I did get to feed the Lerakees (spelling) which are colorful birds if you did not know. The icky thing about that is I got peed on! There will be pics on the above site soon of the Park too.

I was on ABC local news the other day briefly. I was inteviewed because I am making about 16 quilts for a friend who is going to work in Uganda for a month at both an orphanage and with a speech language pathologist, the only one in the country for both peds and adults. Here is the link if you would like to see me for two seconds http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=seenon&id=4255558

Mom is coming out here for a visit. She comes out the 23rd and will be here until that Tuesday when she will go to Aunt Kathy one day more than she will spend with me. Not that I am counting! :) Speaking of Kathy--Rumor has it there is a party this coming weekend? Let me know when so I can crash the party!

I had better get going! I will see some of you soon! I cant wait! Nicole, my backpacking trip to the SF area may be falling apart but the trip may still occur. Iwill keep you posted if we do end up your way so you can reseve mattress space for me. :) People let us know what you are up to. Rachel, Aimee, Lindsay, anyone everyone?
Love
~~~Suzanne




3 Comments:

  • Zan...the quilts are beautiful!!! And you did not sound dorky!! Whatelse would one want children to find in their lives if it isn't peace....especially for these poor children! Good job baby. Tell your friend that we admire her greatly!Proud of you too. Your books should be there tomorrow...Thurs. send UPS...lveo you...mom

    By Blogger Cindy, at 10:49 AM  

  • you should crash the party this weekend, if there is one (last I heard no one would decide) I am flying down tonight and will be there all weekend, so it would be great to see you

    By Blogger Nicole, at 4:02 PM  

  • Zanner! Your character must be very big by now w/ all of that building. Those pictures were beautiful, but that looks like a lot of hard work!

    You be careful out there-- bigfoot lurks!

    By Blogger Aimee, at 11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home