Sprenkle Kin

Friday, June 16, 2006

we have hummingbirds

yep, there is a hummingbird nest in our backyard here in So Cal.
today is the first day that Ive seen the mom nesting on it, so shes prolly just now laying her eggs, but I checked it out and it takes about 2 weeks for the eggs to hatch and then 3 more for them to leave the nest. so well take lots of pics and make a great timeline for it. you can check out a timeline of baby hummingbirds at http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/humm/NestWeeklyCQs.html
its pretty cool

1 Comments:

  • I am so sad!!!! We had a huming bird nest about 4 weeks ago and we took pictures of the mama and the nest and then the two little eggs! It was great and then our STUPID IDIOTIC NON THINKING gardners hacked the branches down and away went the babies!!!! They had never cut back those branches so much! I was so upset and apparently I am not over it!!! We almost had babies! :( Oh well. Such is the circle of life I suppose. I am excited for your babies though!! Horray for babies!
    ~~~Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home