Sprenkle Kin

Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend soccer and concert

Well, I had a great weekend. Valerie had her first soccer tournament and did she play like a pro!! She is on a Club team now and I think it will be good, even though I (and Paul) have mixed emotions. She is having a good time and learning a lot, but it becomes really competive, really fast, and at this age (3rd grade) I am not sure about that. She really holds her own though. The coach asked her to come, but said she would not get to play because of late registration. Well, he subed her in for someone, must have been impressed and played her for the most of 2 other games! She was very happy about it. Paul was in California with a friend. Her Grandma is dying and she wanted someone to go with her. He was sorry he had to miss her first "real" game! I assured him there are many many more to come. And he promptly replied, yeah, but only one first!

Sunday evening, I and some friends went to the Melissa Ethridge concert. It was wonderful. Out in the open in an incredibly beautiful venue....and the skies had cleared just for that I think. Beautiful moon and stars....the mts in the background! And such incredible music! Had a great time! What a voice. She seems as strong as ever.

Well, starting the 3rd week of school, and all is going well. Hope everyone is doing the same. Love you all.....Cindy/mom

4 Comments:

  • I am envious of your watching Val's first game!! Congrats to her! Glad she is having fun and doing so well!

    I am also envious of the concert! Sounds like a gret time! I would have loved it!

    I am home sick!! Damn kids!! I went in to work for half the day and now I am relaxing on the couch with tea and napping! I am sure I will be better soon. Camp has 3 more days! It has gone so much better than I expected!! But my is it exhausting!! Gotta go take another nap!

    Be happy Everyone!! I love you all!!
    ~~~Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 3:43 PM  

  • Could you have lied and said Mel sounded awful, there were lots of bugs, it was unbearable hot and the scenery was a landfill? Did you HAVE to tell the truth and run our noses in it? Huh huh? OK, ok I forgive you but next time you can call your favorite niece and invite her along...she won't be able to come...but she can pretend...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 PM  

  • Now Monica- You would be just as jealous if *I* went to the concert as when Cindy went.

    You should ask her to take her *second* favorite neice to the concert instead, that way you'll actually get to the show!

    By Blogger Aimee, at 8:18 AM  

  • Youch!

    By Blogger pbryan, at 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home