Sprenkle Kin

Thursday, June 22, 2006

1:00 a.m. It's my B-day!

It is 1:00 a.m. on June 23, 2006....I am 24 years old officialy! Ummmm yeah aren't I supposed to be 14? Anyway! I know I should be in bed mom but what can you do...I guess not watching court TV before you go to bed alone in your apartment MIGHT help...but oh well. Aunt Cindy mom gave me my candel plates I LOVE THEM thank you thank you! My friends are jealous as always that I have such a cool family. So yeah, 24 years...you guys sure have put up with me for a long time!! Grandma sent me some pictures of when I and some of my cousins were little I love that she does that! Remember my third birthday that was a Luau, or the Rainbow Bright bike I had with a banana seat and platic spokes? Oh yes good times! There is also a picture of me with a goat in Truchas wearing the UGLIEST coat ever! I must have picked it out myself because WOW it is all kinds of neon and polka doted and UGLY! Mom is holding a goat in the picture which makes me laugh and I think Theresa is poking it but I can't be sure. In honor of my birthday I am going to take the weekend off and when I say off I mean OFF i am not doing a thing I don't want to do until Monday when I have to go back to work. I think me and my gals are going to BBQ and then go swim at my friend Pauls pool it will be loverly. They wanted to set me up on a blind date for my birthday which I am not convinced isn't going to still happen, that worries me a litle. I am eating a big ol' pot of mac and cheese right now which I think is proof that you can grow old and not up. My phone has been ringing since midnight so I guess I have a lot of friends who both know I don't sleep AND that it is my birthday so that is fun. I think I am going to have lunch with my biggest sissy tomorrow and perhaps catch a movie with my friend Shawna in the afternoon. Yes, Kath and Cindy I think I do remember a 16th I think birthday where you guys and Grandma helped me face my fear of heights AND water by parasailing...how fun was that!! And I found a picture today momma of my 18th birthday cake that was just a little tiny one because it was just you and me which was never a bad thing.
Anyway...I am getting sentamental in my old age and just wanted to say hello to my family on my birthday, it really stinks sometimes that we aren't closer but it is on days like today that I am very thankful for all of you and all of the memories that we have made in my 24 years and before and every day after today. Not a lot of people have a family like ours and I am soooooo glad that you all are in mine!!! My friend told me today that she has an aunt and she "thinks" four cousins but she has never even met them...I can't wrap my head around that. Anyway I love you all berry berry much and heres to 24 more years!!!
And one more thing...momma I love you! I am ok, I promise! Sometimes a girl just misses her mommy! I love that you love me enough to worry and for 24 years you have done a great job of it, today is our anniversary as much as my birthday so happy anniversary!
~~~~HUGS~~~~~
Moni

2 Comments:

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONICA!
    You are right. I do still worry about you but that's a mom's job you know? I am so glad that you have a lot of happy memories and that you understand how lucky we are to have the family that we do. I hope that your weekend goes well and that you don't have to do anything that you don't want to do until Monday. You deserve a break! Hey, and take it easy on the Mac-n-cheese wouldya.
    Just so ya' know, I do remember your 18th birthday and the tiny cake and that we were okay just you and me (for the most part). The funniest memory of that Oldweiler house was when you put everything that was on your floor up on your ceiling!! That was great wasn't it? Love you Monkey and Happy 24th Birthday. momma

    By Blogger pbryan, at 2:25 PM  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! This made me realize that I do not have your phone number. You should e-mail to me with it. I do hope that you have a wonderful weekend! Good for you for not doing anything this weekend that you do not want to do!!!
    Love,
    ~~~Suz

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home