Sprenkle Kin

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Hi ya'll

Just popping in for a couple short seconds to say yes, I am alive, and summer has finally made it to the East Coast. Good LAWD it is muggy out there!!

Am in summer school, taking 2 more pre-reqs. Bah. In about 15 minutes I have to give a speech about Teddy Roosevelt. Makes me feel like I'm in 4th grade, but I guess they want us to know how to tell other people about presidents when we grow up. Feel free to ask me anything about our 26th president!

Home is good... I planted some Hosta and Impatients, they're doing well and really pretty. I'm afraid the kids in the neighborhood tromped on my Impatients the other day though, so I'm going to have to show them that their crochety old lady neighbor won't stand for that kind of hooliganism.

Sarah is done with her night shifts this week. I'm so proud of her! I could never do these 12 hour overnight shifts, but she does them w/ no complaints (well, ok, just a few). Her nurse mentor said that she was ready to be a big girl nurse already, so that's encouraging. I think it takes a special kind of person to want to be w/ sick people all day. I couldn't do it that is for sure.

Um... what else? I think we might go up to Sarah's parent's house in Long Island for 4th of July. Sarah's dad has a sail boat that I might go out on, only in the Bay because otherwise "we'll need a bigger boat". No Jaws for me thanks.

In August we're going to a really cute B&B in Philadelphia, then taking a day trip to New Hope, PA. It is a really cute artist's community, where I will spend most of my time saying $50!! My Aunt Cindy/mom/Aunt Teresa could make that for $12!! We should create our own artist's colony hmm?

I got an antique typewriter the other day, it is gorgeous! I wrote a letter to Uncle Larry the other day on it, because I always remember that he types his letters.

Ok, I've gotta go talk about Roosevelt now. Love to you all!!!

-aimee

2 Comments:

  • I love that you are writing Uncle Larry and that he is writing you. Give him something to do. Maybe we will eventually get him moving if only to so.california for a couple of days. Hope your speech went ok. Did it bring back fond memories of grade school????? Have a great summer. On our way to California tomorrow (FRiday). Lov eyou....Cindy

    By Blogger Cindy, at 3:51 PM  

  • Hope your talk went well. Good to hear from you again! Your trip to PA sounds like fun! I should set up a nice calm trip to look at art and sleep in a B&B! Maybe in the fall! Glad to hear that things are good.
    Love, ~~~Suzanne

    By Blogger Suzanne, Suz, Zanny, Zan..., at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home